Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Fall Fun

Wow!! I cannot believe it is already November!! Christmas is right around the corner!! It has been just over 7 weeks since baby Joel was born!! He has brought so much joy into our lives!! Nathan is such an awesome big brother. He loves his baby!! With a young toddler and an infant, sleep and spare time are very rare!! I have started and restarted this blog several times. I originally started this blog as a way to keep up with my family and projects. Turns out I don' t have a lot of time to devote to keeping it up. However, I am going to try my best to keep going (even if the only person who reads this is my husband).

Between yesterday and today Nathan and I made a Fall tree. I drew a tree to the best of my ability (I am NOT an artist). Then used my all cookie cutters to draw leaves, acorns, and turkeys.
 
I drew the tree on brown butcher paper that we have had for several years. In the middle of the tree I used my acorn cookie cutter and wrote one letter in each acorn to spell out Nathan's name. He is too young to identify letters or that I spelled his name, but I want to give hi as much exposure as I can as often as I can. I outlined the tree and leaves in permanent marker to make it stand out. While I was drawing I gave Nathan his own paper to draw on. But he wanted to help me draw on mine. :)


He loves to draw and color. Using pens are his favorite. Since he is still so young he does not get pens often as he either writes on his clothes or mine :/.

So today when he got up from his nap I let him use markers to color on the tree. I gave him red, yellow, and orange.
He was very excited to color. I talk a lot about how we only color on paper. I do this in hopes that he will not color on my walls. :) So far so good!!  He has colored the paper and his hands.

We will continue to color on our tree through fall. As he gets older I hope to turn it into a thankful tree where we write what we are thankful for on the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment