Saturday, June 7, 2014

Car Contrast

Last weekend I went on a road trip from Northwest Florida to my parent's house in Central Alabama with my three month old. My husband stayed behind to work and  watch our two dogs. It was a long weekend! I left Friday afternoon and returned Monday. Nater Tater DOES NOT like his car seat. So I was a little worried how the trip was going to go, because my parent's house was not our only stop. I traveled to Auburn (War Eagle) to see three of my good friends Saturday. Then Sunday we went to Birmingham for my future sister- in -laws wedding shower.
I had been trying to think of ways to make riding in the car more enjoyable for Nater Tater. He gets really hot in his seat! I am still trying to think of solutions to this problem. (any suggestions are welcome!) So, while I was in Auburn on Saturday I went to one of my favorite stores: Hobby Lobby! I decided to make a contrast quilt to attach to the back of the seat for Nater Tater to look at. I grabbed several different black/white patterned fabric and some black minky dot fabric for the backing. One reason Hobby Lobby is a favorite store of mine: SALES! They were having a 30% off sale on fabric!


The cow pattern is my favorite :)

 
 



Since I was at my mom and dad's I had to use my mom's sewing machine! I am not used to her machine, but I made it work! I measured my seat to get a rough estimation for how big it needed to be. My seat was 14" x 16". I rough but my pieces 8"x 5". I pieced the fabric together, sewed them, added my minky backing and ribbon to tie it to the head rest. TaDa!

I love little baby feet!


Now my son has something to look at while riding in the car! So far he seems to enjoy looking at it!
Needless to say, I had one tired little boy by the time we got home Monday afternoon! And we get to make the trip again at the end of June for the wedding! :) But this time maybe we will be a little more prepared! As first time parents, we are still trying to get the hang of things! I am told it gets better! We will see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment