Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

I have the most wonderful husband and father to my little boy! I wanted to do something that made his first Father's day fun and memorable! I was inspired by this post by Growing Book by Book. So I ordered the book I love you Daddy!  by Jillian Harker. I am hoping to start a great tradition of giving a "Father's Day" book to my husband every year that he can read and share with our children. My husband and I both love to read and I hope we are able to pass that love onto our children!

I also used a simple salt dough recipe to make molds of my son's hands and feet.

Salt Dough Recipe:
1 cup salt
1 cup flour
1/2 cup warm water

Combine. If it is too sticky add more flour. Roll out and make impression. Bake for 3 hours at 200 degrees.

It is really hard to try to make the mold of hands and feet when you are working with a squirmy 3 month old! Especially, when trying to do it by myself. I was able to get both feet, but only one hand! After multiple attempts and him snatching a chunk of the dough I gave up on getting his other hand.

I can't get it to rotate :(


 I can't wait for more firsts and adventures with my little family!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment