Monday, June 9, 2014

Early Birthday Present

My wonderful husband built my early birthday present last weekend! He built me a raised flower bed. I am going to try to grow pumpkins for the second time. The first time I was able to grow vines but no pumpkins :( So I am going to try again in the raised flower bed and see if I have better luck. I want to use the pumpkins to decorate with in the fall.


I planted 10 big pumpkin seeds, 10 Medium pumpkin seeds, and 10 small pumpkin seeds in a seed starter kit. Once the vines start growing I will replant them in the flower box. I also planted 5 watermelon seeds and some herbs. Sometimes my thumb is more black than green, so we will see how it all turns out!

Bentley and Cooper (aka Pete and Repeat)
My dogs were very interested in what I was working on. They wanted to help me plant seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment